The Kremlin allowed the clash between the armies of Turkey and the SAR due to the operation of Ankara

Lavrentiev: Turkey's special operation in northern Syria may lead to a clash with the SAR army Erdogan announced the start of an operation against the Kurds in Syria on June 1, naming the establishment of control over the cities of Tall Rifat and Manbij. The Syrian Foreign Ministry condemned Turkey's actions. Moscow appealed to stop the operation Turkish and SAR armies because of Ankara's operation” />

Ankara's full-scale special operation in northern Syria may lead to a clash between Turkish forces and the SAR army. About this in an interview with RIA Novosti Alexander Lavrentyev, special envoy of the President of Russia for the Syrian settlement, said.

“We still hope that the President of Turkey [Reyzhep Tayyip Erdogan] will refrain from holding it, taking into account the negative attitude towards it from almost all Arab states,” — said the special envoy.

According to Lavrentiev, if Turkey starts an operation in Syria, things could come to a direct clash between the Syrian government army and Turkish forces. “This option is not excluded,” — he said, answering the related question.

In a number of settlements, the special representative of the president recalled, there are checkpoints and small fortified areas of the Syrian government troops, who will be forced, “if they do not resist, to retreat beyond the M4 highway.”

Turkey with the beginning of the Syrian civil war in 2011, took both direct and indirect involvement in the conflict, mainly fighting the forces of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), which it declared a terrorist organization.

The PKK was founded in 1978 and stands for national self-determination of the Kurds in Turkey. Its activities are deployed on the territory of two more states, where many Kurds live,— Syria and Iraq.

Ankara has been conducting military operations against the PKK since 1984. The Turkish President has repeatedly stated that the purpose of several military operations is to create a buffer zone of security along the Syrian-Turkish border.

Read on RBC Pro Pro How to take care of your skin after 35 years: 5 important rules Instructions Pro How to find financial reserves for a rainy day. Taking Inventory Instructions Pro Set back 10 years? How to digitalize against the backdrop of import substitution Forecasts Pro Mind maps: what they are and how to use them in work projects Instructions Pro “Loss of nerves and time”: do employees want to be bosses – survey Research Pro x The Economist You “eat” money: what to expect leaders in the era of stagflation Articles Pro How a programmer became the youngest billionaire in manual work with AI Articles Pro What will happen to inflation and the ruble by the end of the year Articles

On May 29, Erdogan announced that Ankara intends to completely destroy terrorist groups in northern Syria and Iraq. And on June 1, Turkey announced that it was preparing to launch a new anti-terrorist operation in Syria in order to establish control over the cities of Tall Rifat and Manbij. Erdogan noted that the United States and Russia have not fulfilled their obligations to create a safe zone in the areas bordering Turkey.

The Syrian Foreign Ministry considered the actions of the Turkish president a violation of the country's sovereignty. It emphasized that Syria reserves the right to take all measures provided for by law and international law to put an end to the “occupation and ethnic cleansing” carried out by Turkey.

The Kremlin emphasized that the Turkish forces were conducting a special operation in northern Syria serves as a “foolish move” and could lead to an escalation of tension in the region. Lavrentiev said the day before that Moscow had already appealed to Ankara several times with a call to abandon the military operation and did not leave these attempts.

Authors Tags Subscribe to RuTube RBC Live broadcasts, videos and recordings of programs on our RuTube channel

Источник rbc.ru

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.